Monday, June 29, 2015

Back at it

It has been too long!  I have had many changes since my last post including a move out of the province of Quebec to New Brunswick, a pregnancy announcement followed by the arrival on December 19th, 2014,  of a sweet baby girl Gabrielle.

As soon as the weather from the long winter cleared up I got back into running.  I completed a 5k run in a community race at the beginning of this month on June 6th.  It was a challenging run with lots of hills, some wind and on a trail.


That  run got my adrenalin going and I immediately signed up for another 5k that would take place in two weeks time.  It was convenient as the course was pretty much right out my front door and I got to do my practice runs on it.
On the day of the run, I completed it in under 30 minutes and finished strong which was my goal.  I signed my two year old daughter, Marianna up to run a 500m fun run.  She definitely had fun with it and got her first running medal!  We are signed up for another community run at the end of July.  Hopefully I can shave off some more time!





Thanks to my husband, Simon for the constant love and support for giving me the time to get back into what I love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment