Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Potato Crust Quiche

My husband and I decided not to load up on groceries this month as we will be leaving for vacation shortly. I made it my goal to use up all the food we have left in our cupboards and fridge.

The other day, I decided to creat a french recipe using the rest of our eggs, potatoes  and light cream cheese I found in our fridge.  We also, recently bought some locally grown asparagus so I decided to create a meal with these 4 main ingredients.  I used the rest of our 7 eggs, almost the full 8 oz container of light cream cheese spread, and about 10 spears of asparagus.  I also added some green onions, pepper and last bit of our mozerella cheese.

I think the result was quite tasty!


 I did not translate this recipe, however it is french inspired! 

 

Frenglish Mama's Potato Crust Quiche


Ingredients:
3 medium potatoes
2 tbsp grape seed oil (other oil would do as well)
Approx 10 spears of Asparagus
7 eggs
3/4 container of spreadable light cream cheese
1/2 cup green onion
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup 2% mozarella cheese


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch slices and pan fry in 2 tbsps of grape seed oil(other oil can be used as well).  Fry at medium for approx 10 min and then transfer to a 9 inch pie or casserole dish covering the bottom of the dish. Set aside.

Remove the ends of the asparagus and cut the remainder into 1 inch sticks.  Steam for approx 3min and put on top of the potatoes.

Beat eggs until yolk and whites are combined then add cream cheese and beat until combined.  Add green onions and pepper to the mixture and pour over potatoes and asparagus in the casserole dish.  Sprinkle grated mozerella cheese over the eggs and place in the oven for approx 30-35min.

Let cool for 5 min and serve immediately.

Bonne Appétit!



Nutritional Info
Calories (216), Glucides (carbohydrates) (10g), Sucres (sugar) (1g), Lipides (Fat) (16g), Protéines (Protein) (13g), Sodium (115g)

No comments:

Post a Comment